Soft Landings – Finnish Working Life
Enrollment ends .
Mode of delivery
Course study period
It is important for anyone moving to Finland for work to get a comprehensive information package on Finnish working life and culture at arrival. This way you get a smooth start with Finnish working culture and will know where to find more information if needed.
The Finnish Working Life course goes through themes such as
- Special features of Finnish working life
- What is meant by self-determination
- How to communicate with Finns
- Finnish meeting practices
- Decision making in companies
- Compulsory deductions from salaries
- The Finnish pension system
Training sessions also include a workshop during which the participants can get answers to their more specific questions and can discuss different topics of the Finnish working life with the course trainers.
The course is held by the University of Oulu's multicultural communication experts.
You join the course sessions face to face at the University of Oulu or via Teams.
Academic Year 2022-2023
Field of study