Supplementary pedagogical studies for foreign-trained teachers
Mode of delivery
Course study period
Free of charge
Supplementary pedagogical studies for foreign-trained teachers are meant for teachers who have qualified abroad and who require further pedagogical studies.
You can apply if you have completed both of the following qualifications:
- A recognized teaching qualification from abroad and
- A decision from the Finnish National Agency for Education on recognition of qualifications.
Note! Detailed information applying to the Finnish National Agency for Education for a decision on recognition of a qualification
The studies cover:
- Key features of the Finnish education system and Teacher Education in Finland
- Working as a teaching professional in Finnish school
- Global education and inclusivity
- Educational research.
Studies consist of the following courses:
- Basics of Finnish education and pedagogy 5 ECTS
- Developing as a teaching professional 5 ECTS
- Teaching in a diverse & globalized world 5 ECTS
- Teaching as a research-based profession 5 ECTS
Courses are self-directed and can be completed according to the individual’s own timetable. Studies don’t require physical presence in Oulu.
Learn more and register for the courses:
Supplementary pedagogical studies for foreign-trained teachers | University of Oulu
Academic Year 2022-2023
Field of study
More information and contact information