Digital Therapeutics Research Group
Research group information
Research group leader
- Adjunct Professor, Senior ResearcherGuido Giunti
- Minna Isomursu
Research group description
The use of technology to improve people’s quality of life, increase access to healthcare services and achieve more effective care has always been the overarching goal of digital health solutions.
Digital therapeutics (DTx) are evidence-based digital treatments that provide better care and lower costs, empower patients and ease the burden on healthcare systems. However, the journey towards becoming a digital therapeutic is uncertain and complex. There are many obstacles along the way that may prove fatal to digital health solutions: challenges in adoption; disconnected health services; unproven technological solutions; unclear reimbursement models; and lack of patients and public involvement are only some examples.
The research group is part of an inter-faculty collaboration between the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering.
Our multidisciplinary team composed of clinicians, psychologists, designers, engineers and business developers is actively working on how to address these problems and many others. We not only explore the path towards DTx, we venture forward and create tools, maps and reproducible methods for others to follow.
- Tiia Yrttiaho, MSc, Doctoral Researcher
- Irantzu Garces, MSc, Neuropsychologist
- Sharon Guardado, MSc, Affiliated Doctoral Researcher
- Anna Sachinopoulou, MSc, Affiliated Researcher
- Itir Karac, MSc, Affiliated Researcher
- Tomi Väisänen, MSc, Business Strategy
- Ville Saarenpää, MSc, Business Developer
- Fernando Testa, Full-stack Development
- Emilio Ormeño, Back-end Development
- Yan Asadchy, MSc, UX Specialist
- Vasiliki Mylonopoulou, PhD, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Octavio Rivera Romero, PhD, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
- Juan Ramon Lacalle, MD PhD, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
- Yauheni Solad, MD MPH MBA, UC Davis, United States of America