The Eudaimonia Institute is proud to open the call for an outstanding doctoral dissertation in multidisciplinary human sciences. This is the third time that the Eudaimonia prize will be awarded. With the prize Eudaimonia Institute wants to honour the excellent and high-quality research done by early-career researchers in human sciences at the University of Oulu. The prize is worth 2000 euros.
This year, the call concerns researchers who were granted their doctoral degree in human sciences by the University of Oulu Graduate School (UniOGS) in 2019. Nominations can be made by anyone, including the graduates themselves. The author of the nominated dissertation must have been a member in the University of Oulu Graduate School (UniOGS) and the Human Sciences Doctoral Programme (HS-DP). Dissertations in the broad area of multidisciplinary human sciences (Human Sciences Doctoral Programme) are eligible.
The selection criteria for the best doctoral dissertation are:
- high scientific quality (assessed on the basis of the grade of the dissertation and the opponent’s evaluation report),
- the dissertation’s scientific and societal significance, and
- the multidisciplinary nature of the dissertation.
This year the prize winner will be selected by Professor Emerita Kaisa Keltikangas-Järvinen from the University of Helsinki. She is a renowned Finnish psychologist, and a pioneer in the field of experimental personality research. She is best known for her work in the field of temperament study. The Association of University Professors chose Liisa Keltikangas-Järvinen as The Professor of the Year in 2008. She is a member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters since 2001 and a member of Academia Europæa since 2013.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, 16 October 2020.
The winner will be announced in mid-December.
The nominations for the Eudaimonia Prize are made online, using the link to the online form below.
Checklist for making a nomination: When making a nomination, please include the following information:
- Name and contact details of the nominee
- The title of the dissertation
- The abstract of the dissertation
- The link to the dissertation
- The opponent's evaluation report
- A brief statement justifying why the doctoral dissertation should be awarded the prize (max. 1 page)
The link to the web-form: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/9461B4E1499AB412
Last updated: 17.9.2020