Welcome to ‘Values of Childhood and Childhood Studies’, VI Conference on Childhood Studies, which will be held at the University of Oulu, Finland, 7–9 May 2014. The conference offers space for an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas for researchers who work with children.
- Professor Alan Prout: Moving On from Social Constructionism: confronting hybrid childhoods (Education, Social Studies of Childhood, University of Warwick)
- Professor Eva Johansson: Toddlers’ life-worlds and the communication of values in preschool (Early Childhood Education, University of Stavanger)
- Professor Astri Andresen: The value of children and ethnic identity: the North in the 20th Century (Archaeology, History, Cultural Studies and Religion, University of Bergen)
- Development Manager Mikko Oranen: Challenging children, challenging situations – challenging values (National Institute for Health and Welfare, Oulu)
- Professor Pia Christensen: Ethnography with Children: Conversations, Movement and Imaginative leaps (Anthropology and Childhood Studies, University of Leeds)
Call for papers has ended but registration to the conference without a presentation is possible. Registration is open until April 15th, 2014. The preliminary programme and schedule are now available at the conference website (http://childhood2014.wordpress.com/). Consult the website or email@example.com for more information.
The Conference is organized jointly by the Finnish Society for Childhood Studies and the University of Oulu, Faculty of Education and Faculty of Humanities.
Last updated: 10.4.2014