Eudaimonia Prize for an outstanding multidisciplinary doctoral thesis in human sciences.
The Eudaimonia Institute is proud to open the call for an outstanding doctoral dissertation in multidisciplinary human sciences. This is the first year that the Eudaimonia prize will be awarded, and with it Eudaimonia Institute wants to honour the excellent and high-quality research done by junior scholars in human sciences at the University of Oulu. The prize will be awarded for the first time in 2018, and it is worth 2000 euros. In the future, the prize will be awarded at the end of every year.
This year, the call concerns researchers who were granted their doctoral degree in human sciences by the University of Oulu Graduate School (UniOGS) in 2017. Nominations can be made by anyone, including the graduates themselves. The author of the nominated dissertation must have been a member in the University of Oulu Graduate School (UniOGS) and the Human Sciences Doctoral Programme (HS-DP). Dissertations in the broad area of multidisciplinary human sciences (Human Sciences Doctoral Programme) are eligible.
The selection criteria for the best doctoral dissertation are:
- high scientific quality (assessed on the basis of the grade of the dissertation and the opponent’s evaluation report),
- the dissertation’s scientific and societal significance, and
- the multidisciplinary nature of the dissertation.
The prize winner will be selected by a person with close connections to the University of Oulu. However, the person will not represent any particular field in human sciences.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, 12 October 2018.
The winner will be announced in the Eudaimonia seasonal party in mid-December.
The nominations for the Eudaimonia Prize are made online, using the link to the online form below.
For questions, please contact Eudaimonia coordinator, Dr. Janne Kurtakko (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Check-list for making the nomination: When making the nomination, please include the following information:
- Name and contact details of the nominee
- The title of the dissertation
- The abstract of the dissertation
- The link to the dissertation
- The opponent's evaluation report
- A brief statement justifying why your doctoral dissertation should be awarded the prize (max. 1 page)
The link to the web-form: https://www.webropolsurveys.com/S/1D6D18B1E51730E4.par
Last updated: 21.9.2018