Time and place
As a general rule, General exams (yleinen tentti) are used for the examination of courses with large numbers of students (more than 15 students/ exam).
The length of the general exams is 3 hours (180 minutes). On the Linnanmaa campus, general exams are held on weekdays starting from 4:15 p.m. On the Kontinkangas campus, general exams may be held on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Students can find up-to-date general exam information from WebOodi (e.g. when the exam is held, when to register to the exam and where the exam is held).
The student have to register to the general exam (or cancel the registration) seven (7) calendar days before the exam in WebOodi or Tuudo. NOTE. The exam is not graded if a student has not registered. Note also that if a student registered for the exam does not arrive for the exam, he or she is marked "not received", meaning that the course is listed in WebOodi as failed.
Instructions for students
- Instructions to students taking a general exam 2019-2020
- Special Arrangements for Study Attainments and Examinations
Instructions for teachers and invigilators
- Service description of general exams 2019-2020
- Instructions to invigilators of general exams 2019-2020
- Lyhyet tenttiohjeet tenttisaliin ("Tenttiohjeet opiskelijalle")
- Short instructions for the exam room ("Examination rules for Students")
- Instructions to teachers for submitting the exam questions and results of general exams 2019-2020
Oulu Business School
Examination policies of Oulu Business School
- University exams are arranged on Wednesdays (and Mondays if needed) at 16:15 - 19:15 pm.
- Students can find up-to-date exam information from WebOodi (e.g. when and where). Please check lecture room from WebOodi before the exam!
- Registration is mandatory in WebOodi.
- The student has to register for the general exam (or cancel the registration) seven (7) calendar days before the exam in WebOodi or Tuudo.
- Note! The exam is not graded if a student has not registered. Please note also that if a student registered for the exam does not arrive to the exam, the student will get a mark "not received", meaning that the course is listed in WebOodi as failed.
- See more information.
Faculty of Humanities
Faculty exams will not be organized during the Academic Year 2020-2021 due to Covid-19 situation.
Personal book exams and maturity tests are done in Examinarium, and the student must contact the teacher.Lecture exams are usually held at the last lecture. The re-exams will be held either as a general exam date or in Examinarium as an electronic exam (lecture hall TL102). The teacher informs at the beginning of the course
Faculty of Education
The faculty of education doesn't organize general exams in the academic year 2020-2021.
Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
Information Processing Science
Last updated: 4.12.2020