We recommend that a face mask be used during close contact where the safety distance of 1–2 metres cannot be implemented on campus. If such situations occur in contact teaching, teachers will provide students with masks.
International student exchange will take place normally in spring 2021. The studies will take place on campus and/or remotely. Incoming students are required to undertake a COVID-19 test or quarantine, and outgoing students are recommended to take out a comprehensive insurance policy and possibly avoid going to certain countries. Up-to-date information about student exchange is available at www.oulu.fi/university/coronavirus/student-exchange. We will constantly monitor the COVID-19 situation and respond quickly to any changes.
This autumn, about half of the usual number of student exchanges have taken place. Exchanges in faraway destinations in particular have been cancelled or postponed.
Keep in touch – we are here for you!
We know that distance learning can be challenging, but we can get through these exceptional times together. We offer a wide range of support for studies:
- Tips for studying at home.
- Your personal tutor teacher is your adviser who supports you in matters related to your studies and planning them.
- Academic Affairs Service Teams answer all kinds of questions related to studying and education in their field of education.
- Study psychologists offer guidance on matters pertaining to study skills, time use, coping and stress or performance anxiety, for example.
- Study and career counsellors offer support in matters involving your future path or working life issues.
- You can get help for your health issues and illnesses from FSHS. Also check out the various preventive materials of FSHS and the Self online service.
- Student Union of the University of Oulu OYY offers a wide range of services and counselling for problems in studies and everyday life.
Study related questions: email@example.com
International mobility affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 16.9.2020