University of Oulu is renewing its degree programmes. At the University of Oulu, there are many overlapping degree programmes that have no teaching or student selection in them. Joining overlapping degree programmes clarifies study options and reduces the number of degree programmes.
A student who has been admitted to a discontinued degree programme at the time when University Board decision (16.12.2014 § 4) became effective, has the right to transfer to a corresponding degree programme. Corresponding programmes can be found from each faculty’s pages (available later). Student may receive credit transfer from studies in discontinued degree programme in a manner defined by the University.
Students studying in discontinued degree programmes will be contacted, the current status of their studies will be looked into, and a personal study plan will be drafted. Students may also email study(at)oulu.fi for information.
For more information and a list of discontinued degree programmes by faculty can be found from links below (available later):
- Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Education (in Finnish)
- Faculty of Science (in Finnish)
- Faculty of Medicine (in Finnish)
- Oulu Business School (in Finnish)
- Faculty of Technology
- Oulu Mining School (in Finnish)
- Oulu School of Architecture
- Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
Last updated: 7.2.2019