Support for Traineeships in Finland
University of Oulu awards traineeship support for their own degree students’ work placements both in Finland and abroad. The support for Traineeship in Finland (total 1600 € for the traineeship outside the University of Oulu) is paid to the employer to compensate the expenses caused by organizing the traineeship period. The employer first pays the salary and at the end of the internship invoices the University support.
The student is eligible to apply for the support for Traineeship in Finland if
- The work placement is a part of the studies (the contents of the work placement have been approved by the student’s department/subject),
- The work placement will last at least 2 months,
- The student salary is min 1236 €/month (2020),
- The student is actively registered in the University during the traineeship period,
- The student is under contract with the employer during the entire traineeship period and
- The student has not previously completed a traineeship period supported by the University.
The application is made in SoleMOVE. Before leaving the application in SoleMOVE the student has made a confirmation of traineeship with his/her departmental traineeship contact person. Then The Traineeship Agreement between the University and the employer should be made BEFORE the traineesip period begins. The copy of the agreement is delivered to the student who will attach it to his/her SoleMOVE application.
Application period for 2020 is open Jan 13 - May 31st.
Number of the supports is limited. The application for the support should be made before the start date of traineeship.
More information: Tiina Kemppainen, tiina.kemppainen(at)oulu.fi
Last updated: 13.1.2020