Erasmus+ exchange to Europe
There are close to 500 Erasmus+ bilateral agreements at the University of Oulu, which offer a vast variety of options for students to go on exchange. The Erasmus+ agreements are field specific, meaning they concern either a field of studies or Faculty or Degree Programme.
There are two application rounds for Erasmus+ exchanges annually. The first call for applications is organised on Feb 1-28 for Autumn term and full academic year exchanges. Your Faculty International Coordinator will announce the destinations included in the call. Information about the application round will also be provided at info sessions organised by the Faculty international coordinators and by email. The second call is organised on Sept 15-30 for Spring term exchanges for destinations which are left from the first call for applications. Find out information about the destinations available for you well in advance and consult your Faculty International Coordinator for more information on when your desired exchange destination is open for applications.
There are two steps for applying for Erasmus+ exchange. First you will have to apply by submitting your application throught the SoleMOVE application system. Your Faculty International Coordinator can help you with application enclosures, make sure you know what the required documents are. After your SoleMOVE application has been accepted and you have been selected for an Erasmus+ exchange from the University of Oulu, you will need to apply to the host institution according to their guidelines. Your Faculty International Coordinator will provide you with information and instructions on how to apply to the host institution.
Information about Erasmus+ grant is available here.
Please see the For You section below for more information about your Faculty/Degree Programme Erasmus+ exchange destinations and guidelines. Student feedback from previous Erasmus+ exchange students is available in the SoleMOVE front page under Exchange destinations abroad and feedback. You will find useful tips for accommodation, studies, travel and other practical issues in the feedbacks.
Nordplus exchanges to Nordic countries
In addition to the Erasmus+ Programme, Nordplus Programme also offers opportunities for exchange studies in the Nordic countries. Nordplus exchanges are available for those students whose Faculty or degree programme is a member of a Nordplus network. The call for applications for Nordplus exchanges is organised at the same time with the Erasmus+ exchange destinations.
See the For You section below for more information on your Faculty or degree programme exchange destinations and contact your Faculty International Coordinator with questions about the Nordplus programme.
All degree students of the Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular medicine can apply for a student exchange. This means that they can study a part of their degree in a partner university abroad. At the university level, there are several different exchange programmes and hundreds of universities to choose from. The length of the exchange is usually 1 or 2 terms after completing the first study year. The recommended time during Bachelor studies is the spring of third academic year and during Master’s studies the first autumn semester. Before applying for an exchange, it is essential to discuss your study progress and your study plan with your degree programme coordinator Jari Heikkinen. Student has to compile a study plan, in which it is agreed how the accomplished studies are accepted to the degree.
Erasmus exchange is coordinated by the Faculty. The University of Oulu International Services coordinate exchange programmes outside Europe. Please note that application period and deadline of Erasmus is different from the non-European ones.
University of Oulu Business School Erasmus and NOREK Exchanges
Erasmus Programme offers all Oulu Business Degree Students an opportunity to spend an exchange semester in another European Business School. Only Oulu Business School students can apply to our specific Erasmus destinations.
OBS students can also go on exchange to another Nordic destination via NOREK programme. For Spring Semester 2020 there is one NOREK grant left (1130 euros) that can be spent to a destination that participates in NOREK. The application is open during Sept 15-30, 2019, see details below.
Erasmus and NOREK Exchanges in Oulu Business School are coordinated by Education Designer Riitta Kataja, Walk-In Tues at 10-11, Thur at 13-14 in KE217 (Opintokatu, G2 Door, 2nd floor), Email: email@example.com
Next Erasmus and NOREK Application round is open during Sept 15-30, 2019
Next Erasmus and NOREK application round for Spring Semester 2020 is open from Sept 15 to Sept 30, 2019.
In this application round the available places are only those that were not filled in the previous application round in February 2019.
Walk-in/office hours for this call are:
Tues, 17th, Sept at 10-11 in KE217
Thur 19th, Sept at 13-14 in KE217
NB! No office hour during week 39.
Master level Exchange Criteria
Master level students applying on exchange need to have a Bachelor Degree and they need to do a Learning Agreement (Study Plan) that includes Master Level studies in their specific Master Programme, The study plan has to be approved by the responsible person (Economics Jaakko Simonen, Marketing Pauliina Ulkuniemi, Accounting Hannele Kantola, Finance Petri Sahlstöm, International Business Management Sakari Sipola).
Erasmus and NOREK Application Process
- The applications are submitted in SoleMOVE. The SoleMOVE application is the first phase of selection, in which OBS assigns the applicant a host university according to the availability of choices listed in the application. The application period for this phase starts on Sept 15, 2019 and closes on Sept 30th, at 23:59, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Important: when filling in the application, choose Oulu Business School as “home institution”. Do not choose University of Oulu as "home institution" or leave this section blank!
- List 3-5 possible choices as host universities in order of preference. This will increase your possibilites to get accepted!
- Attach a preliminary study plan (total of 25-30 credits) to each destination (in one document) and a transcript that shows the average grade of your studies in your application. The transcript that you get from Weboodi does not show your average grades. Transcripts can be obtained from Compass - Faculty Study Affairs, http://www.oulu.fi/yliopisto/koulutuksen-lahipalvelut http://www.oulu.fi/university/faculty-study-affairs.
- SoleMOVE study plan/Learning Agreement is a preliminary list of courses that you plan to take during your exchange. It should include courses worth a total of 25-30 credits and the courses should be matching with the courses that are required by your degree programme in Oulu Business School. In case the host university has not provided updated course information for the following academic year, please use the available course catalogue. The final Learning Agreement can be updated later.
- To get accepted into the exchange programme, student's average grade in all studies must be at least 3.00 (Good).
- A preliminary Learning Agreement of 25-30 credits on each destination.
- Language skills: B2 level in English language and (if applicable) B1 in other languages is required.
Application to the host university
- After being accepted in SoleMOVE students are required to confirm their exchange. Oulu Business School Coordinator is responsible for instructing the student on how to do the application to their allocated host university. After that the student is responsible for submitting the application according to the host universities' application procedures and deadlines.
- Host universities' application deadlines and instructions vary, so please check the instructions well in advance (links to host universities' websites can be found below). Please note that most universities require a proof of language skills. A language certificate can be obtained from University's Language and Communication services.
Last updated: 23.10.2019