Here you can find the timetable for Future Factory in short.
8 a.m. - 9 a.m. Future Factory starts in lecture rooms with Warm up -info - see the rooms here! Your tutor also knows your lecture hall and will guide your group to the right place. In Warm up you will get information on Future Factory and instructions for working.
9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (+ possible own time) Let the working begin! You are free to choose the place you work, however, Tellus Innovation Arena is reserved for Future Factory the whole day. FF-staff is available and supports groups' working. Popcorn and cotton candy served all day!
What to do:
- You will be organized into groups of max. 10 people inside your degree programme
- The team will choose itself a chairperson. The task of the chairperson is to make sure that the group will finish its work in the given timeframe and that the goals will be achieved. The chairperson can be elected by voting, balloting or by discussing.
- Choose a name for your team. However, don’t spend too much time on it!
- Register your team into the competition at 12 a.m. latest via THIS FORM.
- Find your theme here: THEMES 2018.
- Watch the Future Factory Video Tutorial and other orientating videos. Define a challenge related to your theme. Approach the challenge from different angles and start brainstorming solutions. Finally, choose one. Continue working with this the rest of the day and possibly use some time of your own.
- After finding a solution to the challenge you should make a presentation about your solution idea to demonstrate it to the other groups. The form of the output is free as long as it is in an electronic form. However, there are some ground rules to the product. Here you can find more specific instructions on what the presentation should be like.
- Upload your presentation into the digital Padlet wall HERE. There are three Padlet walls: one for each theme group. Upload your presentation on the wall of your own theme group. The products must be uploaded into the Padlet software Sunday 9.9. 12 p.m. at latest! Products that are uploaded after this will not be included in the voting.
Tuesday 11.9. - Friday 14.9.
It is time to vote the best outcomes! Get together with your team, get acquainted with the other groups’ works in Padlet and vote for the solution idea you think is the best one. The groups will evaluate each other in the following manner:
Theme group 1 preview and vote solutions from the theme group 2.
Theme group 2 preview and vote solutions from the theme group 3.
Theme group 3 preview and vote solutions from the theme group 1.
You cannot vote for a product inside your own theme but will get acquainted with another theme instead. This way you will get familiarized with themes outside your own. You cannot vote for your own product. There are a lot of products, and of course you can share the workload inside the group. HERE you can find tips on what kinds of things to consider when evaluating the products.
Choose the best product and vote here [LINK will be available soon]. Your team can give only one vote. There is time until Friday 14.9. 4 p.m. to vote. Make sure to check your chairperson’s email and wait for invitation! The invitation to the gala and ceremony will be sent to the best groups and your group may be the winner of one of the prizes.
4 p.m. - 6 p.m. Let the ending gala of the Future Factory and the reward ceremony for the best groups begin! The gala takes place in Agora, the hall in architecture unit. The best outcomes are celebrated and rewarted with snacks and music!
Last updated: 6.9.2018