Research Unit of Languages and Literature
Communication and its development as part of societal and cultural change are investigated in this research unit. The research is focusing both on oral and multimodal communication. The researchers in the unit do research work on those ways that literatures in different countries reflect and recreate new forms of communication from a linguistic point of view in a changing and multicultural environment.
- English philology. Prof. Pentti Haddington
- German philology, Prof. Sandra Reimann
- Literature and cinema, Prof. Kuisma Korhonen
- Swedish philology (French), Prof. Paula Rossi
- Finnish language (Finnish as second and foreign language, linguistics), Prof. Jari Sivonen