The Finnish National Board on Research Integrity TENK promotes the responsible conduct of research, prevents research misconduct, promotes discussion and spreads information on research integrity in Finland. TENK guarantees ethics and quality in research and monitors responsible conduct of research. TENK has formulated guidelines and recommendations together with forms and templates.
The top 3 important guidelines concerning both doctoral students and advisors are:
- Recommendation for the supervision of doctoral dissertations and their review process in Finland
- Recommendation for agreeing on authorship for research publications
- Recommendation for researcher CV – in use since March 18 2020
Other important research ethics documents:
- Responsible conduct of research and procedures for handling allegations of misconduct in Finland 2012
- The European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity, revised edition 2017
University of Oulu has its own special web pages for the responsible conduct of research. You can find there information about the bodies and persons working and helping with ethical issues in the University of Oulu. The first persons to contact in ethical issues are the Research Integrity Advisers, who perform these duties alongside their own work and attend annual training offered by TENK. Information on how the Advisers might be able to help is in thislink. is in this link.
University of Oulu has adopted the European recommendations and principles for the Doctoral Training:
Last updated: 26.6.2020