eduroam is a secure international roaming service for members of the European eduroam confederation. Organisations belonging to eduroam can log in to the wireless networks of other eduroam member organisations using their home organisation user accounts.
The eduroam network operating at the premises of the University of Oulu offers the staff of the University the internet connection and local area network services. Other users (students, visitors) are mainly offered Internet access.
The network requires logging in with user-specific account.
User accounts of Univesity of Oulu must be entered in these forms:
In the network the WLAN client is allocated IP settings automatically.
The use of the WLAN is governed by the Rules for the Use of Wireless Local Area Networks and other rules and policies pertaining to the computer network of the University. These can be referred to at the University information security website.
With these installation packages staff and students of University of Oulu can easily connect their mobile devices to eduroam:
a) Univ workstations
- utility program for centrally administered Univ workstations, read quidelines: eduroam settings into Univ workstation.pdf
- utilising of the PKI certificate in eduroam connections, read quidelines: pki_en.pdf
b) other devices
- use web browser of your device and open the page: https://cat.eduroam.org/
- choose your language and then press: Download your eduroam installer
- select University of Oulu from the list of Home institutions
- you find a list of installation packages for operating systems Windows, Apple, Android, Linux and Chrome
- then choose the package for operating system of your device
- your username is asked during the installation, check the right form upper on this page
Network in the University of Oulu
- more information about eduroam: http://www.eduroam.org/ and https://www.eduroam.fi
- queries about wlan: tietoverkko(at)oulu.fi
Last updated: 22.8.2018