If you have got a valid user account of the university, then you have got a personal home directory in servers of the university.
Use of the home directory:
- In the home directory you can save your files and create your home pages too. Read more: Home pages
- You will find your home directory as drive K: on workstations maintained by ICT Services.
- Outside university you can access your home directory by VPN client or by using VPN Portal.
- In VPN client connection, you can map (=Map network drive) your home directory (as a student) using the path \\nfstu.oulu.fi\account (the account in the path is your user account).
- You can operate in your home directory using UNIX commands through SSH connection. Read more: SSH connection
Size of home directory:
When the disk quota is full:
- You will get the message to your e-mail, when the upper limit of the storage capacity approaches. Then you have to remove those files / directories you don't need anymore.
- More information about disk space management in UNIX: link. The link leads to internal web pages which can be opened in the university network. To open pages outside the university network, you need to use a light authentication with VPN connection, read more: VPN secure access service.
Last updated: 17.3.2020