If you were one of the first OpenVPN users, you may now get an error message when trying to open the OpenVPN connection: Authentication Failed . This is due to the fact that the default setting of the validity of the profile was a week at that time. Create now a new profile, the validity will automatically be 2 years.
Create a new eduVPN- profile:
- Begin with this link: Activate EduVPN
- Authenticate first via Suomi.fi
- Log in VPN Portal using your university user account
- Choose Configurations
- Delete your old eduVPN profile
- Create a new profile and name it
- Download the profile to your computer
- Bring the profile into OpenVPN Connect client in your computer
- Delete the old profile also from the client.
Last updated: 24.3.2020