2) ACTIVATE THE SERVICE
- Read the Activation guide, and follow it step by step; only so the activation procedure could succeed.
- Log in to the Activation form by using your student account and password, and follow the activation guide step by step.
- NOTE: During the activation procedure the system will show your new email address and the username for O365, please write them both down!
- Wait for couple of hours: You can use the service usually after two hours, but sometimes it could take couple of hours.
4) YOUR USERNAME
- Your username to O365 service is based on your university student account and is in form: account(at)student.oulu.fi and password is password of your student account as well.
- You will need the username above when you will login the O365 Service.
- Read more: O365 username
5) YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES
- O365 username could be used as an email address.
- Your email address could be used in some other forms too, but those others can not be used as an username.
- Read more: O365 email addresses
6) BEGIN TO USE THE O365 SERVICE
- To get started with Outlook email read this short guide: Get started with Outlook in page O365 service's guidelines. Please note that after activation you can log in the service at least after two hours.
- After two hours you can use the service through the portal: http://o365.oulu.fi or https://outlook.com/student.oulu.fi using O365 username. You can use one or the other of these addresses. If you like to save address as a bookmark or as a favorite in browser, be sure the address is saved as shown above. Otherwise the authentication will fail and pages will not open.
- After two hours you may use Office Online applications: e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and OneDrive through the O365 portal.
- As an O365 user, you may install Office software into your own devices too. Read more.
Please notice these things:
- Your new email address was shown on screen during the activating procedure. Update your email address in information services and mailing lists you are using. For example WebOodi, read QuickGuide to update personal data.
- Your student account and it's password are the same as earlier. Use them when logging in University's information services and workstations. Single sign-on is in use on workstations within Student domain, so you do not need to login / logoff in O365 service.
- If you meet problems with logging into O365 service after activation and two-hours wait, first check out your username for the service.
- General advice: update your web browser to the newest one, clear cache memory.
- If you are using a bookmark to open service's logging page, be sure that the address in your bookmark is: http://o365.oulu.fi or https://outlook.com/student.oulu.fi.
- You could find a solution by reading a document "Frequently Asked Questions" on the O365 guidelines page.
- When your problem is related into use of the O365 service, please turn to the service provider's own support service: Microsoft Support.
- If still needed contact our Helpdesk by email or phone or visiting Helpdesk in Student Center.
You can do it later too, but in the meanwhile please notice these things:
- Your student account and it's password are the same as earlier. Use them when logging in University's information services and workstations.
- Purchase a new external email address and update your new email address in information services and mail lists you are using. For example: WebOodi, read QuickGuide to update personal data.
- In practice it has been noticed that some external e-mail services do not receive the messages sent by the electric systems of the university (or mail is interpreted as spam). This kind of problems have not detected in O365 service.
- You can not use the mobile printing feature without an oulu.fi email address.
- You cannot install the Office 365 ProPlus applications on your own devices utilising the university's Microsoft agreement.
Last updated: 20.3.2019