Infotech Institute, 6G Flagship and ITEE Faculty jointly organize a series of ICT Research Breakfasts, involving informal and relaxed chats on current research issues over a cup of coffee and breakfast. We are inviting distinguished researchers and company representatives around different ICT topics to give short presentations in the beginning of breakfasts followed by a discussion on the topic.
Breakfast is served starting at 8am and the presentation part starts around 8:30 until 9:30am.
Start your week in a relaxed way and skip your breakfast at home, and join us!
Breakfasts after 23.3.2020 have been changed to Zoom meetings until further notice due to Covid-19!
The breakfast schedule for Spring 2020:
- Monday 13.1 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Mirjami Jutila, Jenni Myllykoski - Industrial doctorate piloting
- Monday 27.1 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Seppo Yrjölä - Business beyond connectivity - 6G transforms engineering platforms towards open ecosystemic business models
- Monday 10.2 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Nhat Vo - Towards 4D facial expression analysis
- Monday 24.2 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Maritta Perälä-Heape, Päivi Riihimaa and Timo Kolehmainen - DigiHealth Hub: Health data Guide presentation and discussion
- Monday 9.3 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Hanna Saarela - 6G Flagship: Outputs and highlights so far.
6G Flagship is approaching its mid-term evaluation and its time to summarize what we have achieved in the first two operational years. Come and hear a brief analysis of the numeric outputs and highlights as well as potential towards creating impact.
- Monday 23.3 at 8:30-9:30 am, Zoom meeting
Aleksei Tiulpin - Imaging-based Biomarkers and Data-efficient Deep Learning for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Monday 6.4 at 8:30-9:30 am, Zoom meeting
Risto Jurva - Smart Campus - Inspiration through technology
- Monday 20.4 at 8:30-9:30 am, Zoom meeting
Onel Alcaraz López - Enabling Efficient Machine-type Communications in the IoT era
Machine-type wireless communication (MTC) is a key component of wireless connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT). However, novel solutions for robust radio resource management are required to face the stringent challenges imposed by future scenarios; specially in terms of extreme reliability, low latency and low-energy requirements, and the deployment of a massive number of IoT devices. Our research delves into the concepts of non-orthogonal multiple access, spatial diversity and data aggregation, as important enablers for efficient MTCs in the IoT era. Also, at vanguard, it discusses the concept of massive wireless energy transfer (WET), which allows to wirelessly power a large number of battery-constrained devices with low signaling overhead.
- Monday 4.5 at 8:30-9:30 am, Zoom meeting
Guoying Zhao - Oulu AI community
- Monday 18.5 at 8:30-9:30 am, Zoom meeting
Pirkko Taskinen - AIOTI - Dynamic European IoT Ecosystem
- Monday 1.6 at 8:30-9:30 am, Zoom meeting
Pertti Seppänen - Automotive technoogy projects in ITEE
- Monday 15.6 at 8:30-9:30 am, Zoom meeting
Anna Rohunen and Niilo Vähäsarja - Personal data processing risk assessment in the research of University of Oulu / Piloting in ITEE
The breakfast schedule for Autumn 2019:
- Monday 2.9 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Simo Saarakkala - Profi 5/Digital Health presentation
- Monday 16.9 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
6G Flagship team - 6G Research Visions
- Monday 30.9 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Antti Siipo - LeaF research infrastructure presentation and visit
- Monday 14.10 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Jukka Riekki - 6G Research Architecture
- Monday 28.10 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Elina Rossi and Sirpa Aalto - Impact spotting – how to link your research impact to UN sustainable development goals
- Monday 11.11 at 8-9:30 am, Restaurant Kylymä in Tietotalo
Matti Latva-aho - Greetings from flagship: what have we achieved and what are the targets for 2020
- Monday 25.11 at 8-9:30 am, Tellus Stage
Ari Pouttu - 5GTN presentation
Last updated: 2.6.2020