1. Application deadline, destinations and info session
Erasmus application round for AY 2018-19 for OBS students is open during 15.02. - 26.02.2018. This application round is for exchanges both in the Autumn Semester 2018 and in the Spring Semester 2019.
Info Session will be held on Tuesday, Feb 6, 2018 at 14.15-16.00 in Room PR101
Check the available exchange destinations at: http://www.oulu.fi/kauppakorkeakoulu/erasmus
Links to all partner universities are listed here (page partly in Finnish).
Tips on choosing the host university
Before applying, go through the host university’s web pages and look for information for exchange students.
Check the following:
· Available courses for exchange students, level (Bachelor/Master) and the language of instruction – all courses done during exchange must be transferred to your degree,
· The dates of the host university's academic calendar - semester dates are often different from those in Finnish universities,
· The application procedure (eg. online/paper application) and the required documents – most universities require some kind of Language Certificate.
Take a look also at the feedback provided by former exchange students (mostly in Finnish). Feedback available in SoleMOVE .
2. Requirements (Please read carefully!)
Please make sure that you fulfill the following requirements before applying.
- All applicants must have completed their first year in OBS (i.e. about 60 credits) before the exchange begins.
- Bachelor Level students are recommended to go on exchange during the Autumn Semester of their 3 year.
- In order to do Advanced (Master) Level studies during exchange, the student should have completed Bachelor’s Degree before the exchange begins. Also consult your Master Programme Coordinator on your Learning Agreement
- To get accepted on exchange, the average grade of all studies must be 3.0 (Good).
- The student's language skills must be sufficient: B2 level in English language or B1 in other languages is required. Universities' requirements for exchange students vary, so please check the requirements of the host university.
3. How to apply?
a. Apply via SoleMOVE Online system
- The SoleMOVE application is the first phase of selection, in which we assign the applicant a host university according to the availability of choices listed in the application. The application period for this phase closes on Monday, 26th of February, at 23:59, 2018. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Important: when filling in the application, choose Oulu Business School as “home institution”. Do not choose University of Oulu as "home institution" or leave this section blank!
- In your SoleMove application, please fill in your average grade of all studies (in section Current studies). This will speed up the application process.
- It is recommended that you list 3-5 possible choices as host universities. This will increase your possibilites to get accepted!
- Attach a preliminary study plan or Learning Agreement (total of 30 credits) from http://www.oulu.fi/yliopisto/node/34800 and a transcript that shows the average grade of your studies in your application. The transcript that you get from Weboodi does not show your average grades. Transcripts can be obtained from Oulu Business School Study Affairs, http://www.oulu.fi/yliopisto/koulutuksen-lahipalvelut http://www.oulu.fi/university/faculty-study-affairs.
- SoleMOVE study plan/Learning Agreement is apreliminary list of courses that you plan to take during your exchange. It should include courses worth a total of 30 credits. In case the host university has not provided updated course information for the following academic year, please use the available course catalogue. The final Learning Agreement can be updated later.
Instructions on SoleMOVE use available HERE.
b. OBS Selects the Applicants for the 2nd Phase
- OBS does the selection by assigning host universities to students whose applications fulfill the minimum requirements (credits completed and average grade in all studies).
- Applicants receive the decision (Accepted or Not Accepted) via SoleMOVE by mid-March. After the decisions have been made, the student will also receive instructions on how to proceed.
- Remember to give a valid email address (preferably your University of Oulu address) in your SoleMOVE application, so that you will receive emails regarding your application.
- In case you do not receive any emails from SoleMOVE or the status of your application does not change from “Application sent” to “Processing”, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- Please note: processing applications and informing students about the selections take time and not all applicants will receive a decision at the same time.
c. Students Apply to the Host University
- After the SoleMOVE application is accepted and the student has confirmed it, the student proceeds to submit an application to the host university. Students must confirm their exchange in SoleMOVE in order to receive important messages from the University, regarding Erasmus grants etc. before, during and after exchange.
- OBS will nominate the selected student, ie. inform the host university the student's contact information. After this the student receives a link to the host university's online application. Some universities require application documents and attachments to be setn by post.
- Please note that it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all application documents reach the host university before the deadline. Please check the application deadlines and instructions directly from host university’s web pages – instructions and deadlines vary.
- In case you’ll need to cancel your exchange, please inform us immediately at email@example.com!
4. Information on Erasmus Grants
- Information on grants in Finnish at: http://www.oulu.fi/yliopisto/apurahat
- Information on grants in English at: http://www.oulu.fi/university/grants
5. Information on Language Skills
- In case the host university requires (most universities do) a proof of your language skills, you can order a language certificate from the Extension School. They provide a) CEFR certificates based on language courses done at the University of Oulu and b) CEFR certificates based on a language test.
- Please see more info on Language Services’s web site (in Finnish).
Contact Extension School:
arja.alin (at) oulu.fi
Tel. 0294 483201
Office: BF101-22, Linnanmaa, Opintokatu (door G)
6. Information on other exchange programmes
You can find more information on University of Oulu's exchange programmes at:
- In Finnish: http://www.oulu.fi/yliopisto/vaihto-opiskelu
- In English http://www.oulu.fi/university/student-exchange
If you have further questions, please attend the Erasmus Info Session on Tuesday, Feb 6, at 14.15-16.00 in Room PR101. Or send an email to study.business(at)oulu.fi.
study.business(at)oulu.fi, +358 294 484050, Office: KE217, G2 door
Oulu Business School
Viimeksi päivitetty: 22.11.2017
Viimeksi päivitetty: 12.1.2018