Ordering and delivery of animals
- For animal orders you need the project licence number or the internal licence number
- Be in contact with the animal department and make sure that there is a sufficient amount of space for your experiment
- Do the new animal order in good time in Provet
- Mice from the mice barrier are delivered outside at 9 in the morning or at 14 in the afternoon. Any other time point will be agreed separately.
- The correct billing address is important – if the address changes, remember to make the changes in Provet
- The animals are delivered at a time agreed upon in the animal department
- Before starting your project, the practicals will be agreed in the Animal-welfare body meeting
Be in good time with the large animal orders, to make sure that there are animals available. Most of the mice and rats are produced in KEKS, but special strains and stocks and rabbits, pigs and sheep are ordered from outside breeders.
At the university of Oulu, the experimental projects are allowed only in KEKS or in the animal facilities in the department of Biology.
Last updated: 30.12.2016