The Intercultural Teacher Education (ITE) programme responds to the challenges posed by multiculturalism and globalisation to the teaching profession. ITE offers a professional teaching qualification, but contains some distinctive features.
- consideration of teaching in a heterogeneous classroom
- courses on the background and shape of education abroad
- studies of global matters and international relations
- guest lecturers from other countries
- a period of study abroad
- teaching practices abroad and in international schools
- internships in government and non-government organisations
- global education studies (peace and conflict research, equity and human rights, environment)
- study of overseas development policy
The versatile contents of the programme offer good opportunities for future employment with a variety of teaching and education related duties. The education provides competences to work in educational tasks both in Finland and abroad. The main language of instruction is English.
Viimeksi päivitetty: 21.3.2018