The proposed research projects should represent well-focused research of high international quality within the University's strategic focus areas of Earth and near-space system and environmental change or Creating sustainability through materials and systems coordinated by Kvantum Insitute.
The Principal Investigator(s) (PI) should:
- be recognized in their field of science
- have high-quality scientific publications and
- have demonstrated ability to gain notable external funding for research.
The PI(s) and other researchers in the project should be affiliated with the University of Oulu, and the team must work at the University of Oulu; the project PI(s) has or negotiates an affiliation with the University. This has to be clearly indicated in the actual application.
Only one application per researcher is accepted.
The application process includes two stages:
2. Call for projects.
Preregistration documents will include:
1. Information sheet (responsible PI and other possible PIs)
2. Abstract (max. 3000 characters), describing the key aspects of research plan. The abstract (i.e. the summary of the research plan) should provide an overview of the scientific content.
3. List of publications: Selection of the PI's (the responsible project leader's) and the other PIs' most important publications in terms of the research plan
Please note: The actual call (including research plan for 2021 – 2024) for the projects will open in autumn 2019.
The preregistration material is used only for the selection of evaluator candidates by the Academy of Finland and it is not part of the evaluation process and its materials, and it is not provided to the evaluator panel. Those preregistered may change the type of application (a research consortium or an individual PI) for the actual call, but all names should be known for the evaluator pool selection process.
Quality manager Aija Ryyppö: e-mail aija.ryyppo(at)oulu.fi, Tel. 0505917188
Last updated: 13.5.2019