Master's in Learning, Education and Technology
State-of-the-art knowledge of how people learn
Relevant skills of applying technology for individual and group learning
Capability to design and implement technology-enhanced learning in school and working life contexts
Learning, Education and Technology (LET) is a full-time two-year international master’s programme. After completing the programme, students are awarded a Master of Arts (Education) degree. The core of the education consists of three theoretical viewpoints: self-regulated learning, collaborative learning, and technology-enhanced learning. Each of these aspects is discussed both in theory and in practice. The programme aims to develop knowledge and competencies needed in modern education, namely skills for designing, conducting, assessing and analysing versatile learning situations both in face-to-face and technology-enhanced learning contexts. Working-life connections are highlighted throughout the programme. The studies are implemented in collaboration with national and international research and teaching partners.
LET programme is built on over 20 years of groundbreaking research in the Learning and Educational Technology Research Unit. The unit performs top research on learning sciences in collaboration with international networks by investigating how people learn. LET students are in close connection with the latest research in their everyday studies.
Knowledge about how people learn, especially through collaboration and teamwork, is an essential factor in today’s working life. Also, flexible and versatile use of information and communication technology is one key competence in today’s education. The master’s programme equips the students with a combination of strong theoretical knowledge of learning and collaboration, and diverse use of technology and social media that promotes learning. Further, while studying in an international master’s programme, students are able to develop their language skills and skills for multicultural collaboration.
Top reasons to study Learning, Education and Technology
- Become an expert in collaborative, self-regulated and technology-enhanced learning in a multicultural learning environment.
- Programme is built on internationally recognized research in learning sciences and education technologies.
- University of Oulu ranks among top 76–100 universities in Education category according to the Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021.
- Studies provide strong theoretical knowledge combined with practical hands-on experience in using technology and tools for supporting learning and the learning environment, visualising learning, multimedia learning, and learning analytics.
- An Education programme taught in Finland, the world-renowned country for quality education.
During the LET studies, students become competent learners and will be able to adapt to many fields and work contexts after graduating. After completing the programme, students are awarded a Master of Arts (Education) degree.
Graduates from the programme are competent to work in wide areas dealing with learning processes and implementation of technology. They can continue in research or they can take on very diverse career paths, working as experts in education, designing teaching and learning and so on, all depending on their own interests.
Examples of career paths:
- educational consultant
- human resources developer
- project leader
- administrator in both the private and public sectors
- expert in virtual learning
- designers of technology-enhanced learning
The next application period for autumn 2022 opens January 5, 2022 and ends January 19, 2022
Apply to study Master's in Learning, Education and Technology
Last updated: 23.12.2021