See the PDF attachements below for in-depth descriptions of the different curriculums.
For the cohort of 2018-2020, the following curriculum is used.
For the cohort of 2017-2019, the current curriculum will still be in force.
For the cohort of 2016-2018, the current curriculum will still be in force.
Students must complete 5 credits of general studies. The general studies form an orientation to the university studies in Finland and particularly to the LET programme. The general studies are divided into language studies (2 credits) and communication and orientation studies (3 credits).
Students must complete 2 credits of language studies:
- Foreign students must complete the Survival Finnish Course (code 405518Y). If they have already completed the Survival Finnish course or an equivalent Finnish course, or already have basic skills in Finnish, they can choose a more advanced level Finnish course (min. 2 credits) or a course in another language (min. 2 credits) from among the courses offered by the Languages and Communication Unit at the University.
- Finnish citizens must complete the Swedish language course (offered by the Language Centre at the university, code 901001Y). If they have already completed an equivalent course as a part of their Bachelor’s degree, they must choose a min. 2 credits of other language studies from among the courses offered by the Languages and Communication Unit at the University. (If the student’s previous studies have not included studies in Swedish, they can be exempted from these studies by application to the faculty.)
Minor subject studies (25 ECTS)
Minor subject studies (25 ects) set up the foundations for the studies in Learning, Education and Technology. The studies are also open for other bachelor and master level students interested in developing their expertise in the contents of learning and educational technology. Read here more about Educational Technology as a minor subject.
Minor subject courses in 2018-2020:
- 418023P Foundations of Learning (5 ECTS)
- 418025P Learning Environments and Technologies (5 ECTS)
- 418026P Problem-solving Case 1 (10 ECTS)
- 418024P Self-Regulated Learning (5 ECTS)
Major subject studies (80 ECTS)
All the students in the LET Master’s Degree Programme must complete 80 credits of major subject studies. The following courses are compulsory.
Major subject courses in 2018-2020:
- 413312S Collaborative Learning (5 ECTS)
- 413318S Socially Shared Regulation of Learning (5 ETCS)
- 413319S Computer-supported Collaborative Learning (5 ECTS)
- 413320S Current Trends in LET Research ( 5 ECTS)
- 413321S Problem-solving Case 2 (5 ETS)
- 413031S Qualitative Research (5 ECTS)
- 413030S Quantitative Methodology (5 ECTS)
- 408043S Master’s Thesis (30 ECTS)
- 408044S Thesis Seminar (5 ECTS)
- 408045S Abstract / Maturity Test (0 ECTS)
Other compulsory studies
- 413322S Entrepreneurship in Learning, Education and Technology (5 ECTS)
Last updated: 20.6.2018