Summer opening hours and services
- Pegasus Library and Medical Library:
1 June – 26 June open Mon-Fri 10–15 (Sat-Sun closed).
27 June – 2 August the libraries are closed due to the implementation of a new library system. The book return boxes outside the entrances will also be out of use 27 June – 2 August.
3 August – 31 August open Mon-Fri 8-17 (Sat-Sun closed).
- Health and Social Care Library opening hours here.
- Changes in the COVID-19 situation may affect the opening hours and services. Follow the announcements on the library website: www.oulu.fi/library.
- Libraries are closed 27 June – 2 August. However, some of the library services are available remotely also in July, read more here.
Special arrangements in Pegasus Library
- You can visit the library to borrow and return material during opening hours in June and August. However, studying in the library is forbidden and the current journal reading area is closed until further notice. Printing is possible from some open-access terminals.
- Due to the refurbishment of the air-conditioning system the closed stacks of the library will be out of use at least until 7 August, meaning that legal deposit material and journals are unavailable for use. The entire top floor and the storage area for reading room loans on the first floor are also closed due to the refurbishment.
Oula-Finna and automatic renewal of loans in summer
- Oula-Finna will be available through the summer for searching and browsing library material. Electronic materials can also be accessed normally. Patron functions (reservations, renewals, payment of late fees etc.) are out of use 29 June – 21 July, due to the implementation of a new library system.
- The library will automatically renew your loans in summer (1 June – 31 August), if your borrowing rights have not been suspended and there are no pending requests for the items you have checked out. If you receive an advance notification of an approaching due date to your e-mail, please check the due dates of your borrowed items and return them to the library (when the library is open in June and August) or contact the library. Overdue loans may incur late fees. Although the library renews your loans automatically, you are solely responsible for the items you have borrowed and returning them by their due date.
- No late fees will be incurred during the summer closure of the libraries and book return boxes 27 June – 2 August.
Last updated: 26.6.2020