Summer opening hours and services
- Pegasus Library and Medical Library:
1 June – 26 June open Mon-Fri 10–15 (Sat-Sun closed).
27 June – 2 August the libraries are closed due to the implementation of a new library system. The book return boxes outside the entrances will also be out of use 27 June – 2 August.
3 August – 31 August open Mon-Fri 8-17 (Sat-Sun closed).
- Health and Social Care Library:
3 August – 23 August open Mon-Fri 8–15 (Sat-Sun closed).
24.8. onwards open Mon-Thu 8–17, Fri 8–16 (Sat-Sun closed).
- Changes in the COVID-19 situation may affect the opening hours and services. Follow the announcements on the library website: www.oulu.fi/library.
- Libraries are closed 27 June – 2 August. However, some of the library services are available remotely also in July, read more here.
Special arrangements in Pegasus Library (Updated 12.8.2020)
- The main entrance of the library is now open during the library opening hours and the outside book return box is back in use.
- The legal deposit materials (reading room/researcher loans) and other collections in the closed stacks of the library are available from 10 August onwards.
- The entire top floor and the storage area for reading room loans on the first floor are still closed due to the refurbishment. Also the 24/7 corridor in the library premises is still closed.
- The e-thesis workstations and microfilm readers are out of use for the time being. Please contact the library customer service for information on the possibility to use the legal deposit workstations.
Oula-Finna and automatic renewal of loans in summer
- Oula-Finna will be available through the summer for searching and browsing library material. Electronic materials can also be accessed normally. Patron functions (reservations, renewals, payment of late fees etc.) are out of use 29 June – 21 July, due to the implementation of a new library system.
- The library will automatically renew your loans in summer (1 June – 31 August), if your borrowing rights have not been suspended and there are no pending requests for the items you have checked out. If you receive an advance notification of an approaching due date to your e-mail, please check the due dates of your borrowed items and return them to the library (when the library is open in June and August) or contact the library. Overdue loans may incur late fees. Although the library renews your loans automatically, you are solely responsible for the items you have borrowed and returning them by their due date.
- No late fees will be incurred during the summer closure of the libraries and book return boxes 27 June – 2 August, 2020.
Last updated: 12.8.2020