Professor, Software Engineering
Successful applicants will carry out their research and education in the broad area of software engineering, including but not limited to:
- Empirical software engineering
- Automotive software engineering
- e-Health systems and services
- Enterprise systems
- Software and systems development methods and processes
- Agile and Lean software development
- Software and systems testing, quality, safety, security, privacy and trust
- Software and systems architectures
- Novel software-based solutions in AI, IoT, 5G and data analytics
More information and access to the electronic application. Applications, including attachments, should be submitted using the electronic system form byAugust 10th, 2019, 23:59 (Finnish local time).
Do you want to be a PhD student working on topic that makes a difference? At the M3S unit we are looking for motivated and talented PhD candidates to work with us in creating a future where digital technologies would help people to be healthier and happier.
The University of Oulu is now in the process of hiring PhD candidates for the Information Technology and Electrical Engineering Doctoral Programme, and at M3S we want to support candidates who are interested in working on any of the following aspects of digital health:
- Developing eHealth solutions for specific conditions, such as disabilities or chronic conditions
- Investigating how eHealth solutions create value for patients, healthcare professionals and society
- Creating knowledge to help designers and developers of digital health services to design services which have an impact and create value
We work closely with different stakeholders from the health ecosystem, such as companies developing technologies used in healthcare, healthcare providers, patient associations, and other academic and non-academic institutions. As a PhD candidate, you will have access to our network and support, making sure that you carry out a high-impact doctoral project.
While the unit’s focus is on Information Processing Science or Software Engineering, we also welcome candidates from other disciplines who have the understanding and motivation to learn how digital technologies can be used for health.
M3S is an international research group and equal opportunity employer so do not miss out on this opportunity. The deadline for applications is the 7th August 2019. If you are interested to apply, you can contact Guido Giunti or Minna Isomursu.
We are continuously looking for bright and ambitious researchers at all levels. We are also interested in hosting both short term and long term researcher visits. If you are intrested to work with M3S, please contact:
- Prof. Markku Oivo, Director
Phone +358 40 822 7702
- Prof. Pasi Kuvaja
Phone:+358 40 7433 089
- Dr. Kari Liukkunen, Progam Manager
Phone: +358 (0) 40 5949 975
Last updated: 8.7.2019