Infrastructure for Population Studies provides statistical advice, guidance and assistance in the statistical analysis at the Faculty of Medicine.
Statistical counselling for students and researchers is free of charge. However, for statistical analyses we will charge by the hour. When the biostatistician has contributed in the statistical analyses, in their supervision or in writing of the article, he or she should be included as an author in the publication.
Reservations for advice/guidance can be made via the appointment calendar: https://incontrol.invencoserver.com/onTime/ltkstat.
You must make the reservation at least 24 hours before the appointment. When you make the reservation, describe shortly in description –field ("kuvaus") the matter you need help with.
In addition to the booking of personal guidance, joint statistical counselling sessions for students and researchers are organized on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 15-16 in the computer lab KT285. Changes are possible, so please check information on the door of KT285.
JOINT STATISTICAL COUNSELLING SESSIONS ARE NOT ORGANIZED DURING 18.3. - 13.4.2020 DUE TO CORONA.
PERSONAL STATISTICAL COUNCELLING IS AVAILABLE VIA APPOINTMET CALENDARS. COUNCELLING IS PROVIDED REMOTELY.
Risto Bloigu, MSc
- Guidance on statistical analyses for students, postgraduate students and researchers.
- Planning of clinical studies and estimation of sample sizes
- Expertise: Survival analysis, exploratory data analysis (EDA)
Jari Jokelainen, MSc
- Statistical programs; SAS, R, STATA and SPSS
- Expertise: Epidemiological research, register studies
Heli Lehtiniemi, MSc
- Statistical analyses and modification of data with statistical programs: SAS, SPSS, R and Stata
- Expertise: Meta-analysis
Tanja Nordström, PhD
- Statistical analyses and data editing with statistical programs: SPSS, SAS, R and MPlus
Paula Pesonen, MSc
- Statistical analyses and data editing with statistical programs: SPSS, SAS and R
Eeva Vaaramo, MSc
- Data editing with statistical programs: SAS and R
- Expertise: National registers
Hannu Vähänikkilä, PhD
- Analyses, plots and data editing with statistical programs: SPSS, SAS, MedCalc and Origin
- Expertise: Dentistry, survival analysis
Email: first name.surname (at) oulu.fi
Last updated: 20.3.2020