- Consists of maximum of five members, including at least three outstanding international scientists, who must work in fields pertinent to NFBC.
- NFBC representatives present in the meetings (non-members): the Research and Scientific Directors of NFBC.
Appointment and term
- Members are nominated by the Research Rector of University of Oulu for a four year term
Chairing and record keeping
- Board will nominate its chair person.
- NFBC Research Director will record the minutes of the meeting.
Frequency of meetings
Meets at least once a year.
Meetings will be organised at periodic intervals for the examination of the performance of the NFBC research projects and are convened by the NFBC Scientific Director.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Evaluates the performance of the NFBC operations
- Makes suggestions to the Steering Committee on development and future directions of the NFBC project
- Supports the Research and Scientific Directors on the following:
- Scientific activities of the project
- Relevance and quality of the science performed
- Emerging scientific trends and new areas of research
- Challenges and opportunities in international context
- The knowledge translation and science communication activities within the project; and Scientific partnerships and linkages
Last updated: 19.1.2017