How to apply NFBC data? General instructions
I Permission to analyse the data
- Fill in the material data request in the Material request portal (Greip) (see instructions).
- Attach a list of variables (Excel file) with names of the data consultants (reviewers of the application) and a research plan (max 2 pages). In the research plan there have to be clearly aims, hypothese, the relevant exposure, outcome and confounders.
- Submit the request (or Save to be submitted later).
- Once the final decision regarding the material request has been made, all contact persons be notified of the decision by email.
- For granted request the researcher will receive notification when the data has been compiled.
- To access the data via NFBC portal a Univ-account of University of Oulu is needed (see instructions on how to apply)
- Data transfer agreement (DTA) will be asked when the material request is granted if the data will be analysed outside University of Oulu.
II Permission to publish the data
- Before submitting you work to be published we ask you to send your manuscript for evaluation.
- Fill in the material request in the Material request portal (Greip) (see instructions) and choose Publication.
- Indicate in the form the number of your original material request.
- Attach the manuscript and the list of variables that were used in this work (with names of the data consultants).
Last updated: 20.1.2017