Given permission to use the Northern Finland Birth Cohort 1966 and/or 1986 data the user/the research group accepts the following terms and conditions:
- Data is to be used solely for teaching and academic research purposes according to the research plan approved by the NFBC project center (NFBC PC).
- Data is to be used only by persons indicated in the NFBC material request.
- Data will not be transferred in whole or in part to anyone else.
- Data will not be used, either alone or in conjunction with any other information, to establish the individual identities of any of the subject from whom data was obtained.
- All data are prepared at the NFBC PC which ensures the accuracy and the quality of the information. (Note: Data is provided with project specific ID and cannot be compiled with other projects.)
- The material request must be amended if additional variables are requested.
- Permission to use the data is for three years, beginning from the approval date.
- At the end of the research period, or at the end of the three years the user returns the data to the NFBC PC and/or destroys it from his/her computer.
- The user will submit to the NFBC PC any new raw/modified data generated from analysis of NFBC data upon completion of analyses.
- The user will send to NFBC PC a manuscript containing results obtained from analysis of data 15 days before submitting the manuscript. NFBC PC gives permission for publication within 15 days from receiving the manuscript.
- The user/research group will take into account comments given to the manuscript by NFBC data experts and NFBC PC.
- The user/research group will include as authors persons identified by NFBC PC who have played a key scientific role in the generation of results.
- The user/research group will provide a copy of accepted publications (articles and abstracts) that result from the use of NFBC data within two months of the publication. Publications will be sent to NBFC PC.
- The user/research group is responsible for NFBC data user fees and publication fees.
Last updated: 5.3.2020