Research and Developing Projects
At these pages you will find information about the research- and developing projects within the Oulu Mining School. PhD projects are presented in researcher education.
Mining Engineering and Mineral Processing research group
- Controlled and optimized process water management in sulphide ore processing
- Effect of stemming on rock blasting. Renlund Foundation. (2018-2019)
- EPOS IP Anthropogenic Hazard: Funded by HORIZON2020 program, dealing with induced seismicity in mines. (2017-2019)
- Geomet rolls breakage test
- Impact of dry grinding and conditioning on flotation process performance
- Impact of extreme weather events in the Arctic on technological system, critical facilities and urban environment. Spearhead project funded by KVANTUM Institute, University of Oulu. (2017-2020)
- INFACT: Innovative Non-Invasive and Fully Acceptable Exploration Technologies. Horizon2020/European Union project coordinated by Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology. Funded by EU. (2017-2020)
- Marctic – Master in Arctic Mineral Resources. Coordinated by LTU. (2018-2019)
- MINETRAIN: Economic Study of the Implementation of Pyhäsalmi Open Education and Research (2018-2020)
- PROCHAINE: Design and Upscaling in Mineral Processing (2017-2019)
- USEFULWASTE – Evaluation of technologies to extract market products from mine waste and add value to tailing by transforming in an inert material to the environment. Funding from NordMin and Renlund Foundation.
- XSodEx: Experiment on Sodankylä Deep Exploration. Coordinated by the Geological Survey of Finland and performed in cooperation with Freiberg Technical University, Germany. (2017-2019)
Geosciences research group
- Biopeitto – Utilization of biochar as a tool in dry cover material and landscaping of mine waste areas. European Regional Development Fund. (2017-2020)
- Cenozoic East Antarctic ice sheet history from Wilkes Land sediments, IODP Expedition 318. Funded by Academy of Finland.
- EXplORE - EIT RawMaterials-funded project in exploration, aiming creating a MSc exchange programme in exploration involving AGH, LTU, Oulu and TU BAF together with exploration industry.
- HazArctic – Geo-Bio Hazards in the Arctic Region. ENI CBC Kolarctic. (2019-2021)
- Ice sheet inversion modelling project investigating the history of the former Scandinavian Ice Sheet. Funded by Osk. Huttunen Foundation.
- Indexing transitions in ice-sheet decay in the Eurasian Arctic marine and land record (ICE). Funded by Academy of Finland.
- In-situ trace element of sulfide and oxide minerals to constrain the ore-formation processes of Ni-Cu-(PGE) sulfide and chromitite deposits in northern Finland
- Loss of Ice in Arctic System (LIAS): geological perspective pf global environmental change. KVANTUM Institute, University of Oulu.
- Mineral Resource Assessment Platform
- Mineral system of Finnish Lapland
- NEXT – New exploration technologies. Horizon 2020 (2018-2020)
- Re-Os isotope systematic of the Archean to Paleoproterozoic sulfide-bearing komatiite in Finland
- Stratigraphic and crustal evolution of the northern Fennoscandian Shield. University of Oulu research project.
- UpDeep – Upscaling deep buried geochemical exploration techniques into European business. EIT Raw Materials. (2017-2020)