All three research units of Oulu Business School are active participants in different research and development projects:
- Martti Ahtisaari Institute focuses on projects related to business models and evolution of businesses, digital business, and competences on the growth of businesses and entrepreneurship.
- Department of Economics, Accounting and Finance is currently involved in e.g. energy economics, managerial traits and business outcomes and individual investor behavior related research projects.
- Current focus areas of Department of Marketing, Management and International Business are international entrepreneurship, open innovation and appropriation, purchasing behavior and service business.
Examples of current projects are gathered below.
Collaboration in its all forms is an essential part of our operations at the Oulu Business School
We encourage our faculty members to create networks internationally through faculty exchange, international visits, and participation in international research projects and networks.
Some international networks that we currently are part of are:
- SCANCOR (The Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research)
- GRLI (Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative), and
- PRME (The Principles for Responsible Management Education)
Joint professorships strengthen the link and increase collaboration between us and other research institutions. They are a great way for both parties to expand their professional expertise, impart knowledge, and promote networking in the focal areas of their research.
Currently we have joint professorships with the Finnish Environment Institute SYKE, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, and the Faculty of Medicine in the University of Oulu.