- Water treatment chemicals from industrial biobased by-products and waste materials. Applicable to the removal of various substances from industrial waters e.g. organic material, heavy metals, phosphate, nitrate, and sulphate.
- Usage of biobased acids to produce metal coagulants like e.g. aluminium formate with excellent coagulation efficiency.
- Usage in floc separation. DAF studies have also been conducted using cationic surface modified bubbles in DAF, which can be produced by adding cationic chemical into the DAF saturator.
- Removal of harmful components from mining waters with biobased materials.
- Biobased materials applicable also to other industrial process and waste waters e.g. oily waste waters and pulp and paper mill waste waters.
Professor Juha Tanskanen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr (Tech.) Tiina Leiviskä, email@example.com
Last updated: 6.2.2014