Our research on methods of control and systems engineering focuses on the control of processes and their dynamics:
- modeling and model-based control of dynamic systems;
- control of nonlinear and uncertain systems, predictive control, optimal control;
- learning systems, methods of optimization;
- plant wide control;
- methods of state estimation and monitoring.
The research is put into practice in projects funded by the Academy of Finland, Strategic Centers (SHOK), or direct projects, among others.
In applications we focus in areas of process and environmental engineering. Our spearheads are in
- power plant control, CFB in particular;
- pulp making automation;
- optimization of water distribution systems and district heat systems.
The PhD students in our research group work e.g. with applications of energy production and mass production automation.
Last updated: 27.6.2013