International Master's programmes in the field of Engineering and Architecture:
- Biomedical Engineering: Signal and Image Processing
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Product Management
- Wireless Communications Engineering
- Mineral Processing and Sustainable Mining: Mining
International Master's programmes in the field of Natural Sciences:
- Software Engineering
- Software, Systems and Services Development in the Global Environment
- Mineral Processing and Sustainable Mining: Geology
Master's programmes consist of a total of 120 ECTS credits and it take two years of full time study.
Eligibility for the International Master's programmes
General information about the admission requirements (e.g. the language requirements) for master's degree applicants is available here.
In addition to the general admission requirements, and any programme specific requirements, applicants for the Field of Engineering have to meet the following admission requirements:
- “very good” or “excellent” grades in Basic studies in Mathematical Sciences (e.g. university level mathematics, physics/chemistry) and
- the applicant should have an university level Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent university level degree, suitable for engineering studies, with "very good" or "excellent" grades.
NB! students who are on their last term/semester of Bachelor's studies can also apply to study for a Master's degree. Applicants with excellent academic records can be offered a conditional study placement. In the case that the applicant is accepted for study, the applicant has to submit officially certified copies of his/her Bachelor’s degree certificate and the final transcript of records according to the following timetable:
- Applicants graduating from Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences - June 7, 2018
- Applicants graduating from abroad or Finnish research university - July 27, 2018
How to apply
- Ist Application period: November 1, 2017 - January 24, 2018 (15.00 GMT +2)
- 2nd Application period: March 14 - 28, 2018 (15.00 GMT +2)
The two application periods are for studies starting in the academic year 2018-19. More information about the admission process in here.
Find out the important deadlines for the admissions process in here.
In the field of technology, University of Oulu provides education under two faculties:
- Faculty of Technology
- Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
Last updated: 6.3.2018