Oulu’s newest entrepreneurs from the Avanto Accelerator program are getting ready to take their first steps publicly.
Avanto Accelerator is a program run in the Business Kitchen, the universities Entrepreneurship Hub. In the six week program individual people and teams grow to improve their networks and turn their ideas into promising new ventures. The participants are offered workshops, mentoring, and coworking space together with Oulu’s entrepreneurial community. These activities empower entrepreneurs and the formation of numerous new companies.
Motivation, attitude and skills, combined with drive and passion is all that matter in thriving the Avanto Accelerator program. In our fourth batch thirteen teams were on board. This time Avanto participants really have been through a lot, even pitching from the ice-hole! We can proudly say that there are incredibly brave entrepreneurs brewing in Oulu! The teams have worked hard, gotten feedback and validated their ideas. On Demo Day on May 11th at 4pm you can hear most of our teams pitching, so mark the date in your calendars! The winner of the Avanto Accelerator autumn 2017 will also be awarded then. Here is a quick overview what our teams are up to:
- NEPGO - a digital solution connecting entrepreneurial hubs in developing countries
- BREATHERY - innovative superfood snacks
- SOMECOMP - bringing open data and data processing solutions to companies
- LOOMINATING DESIGNS - LED-lighting solutions for cosplayers and other visual artists.
- REINDEER REPUBLIC - classy Scandinavian women’s clothing brand
- STAY ‘N PLAY - mobile simulator for paramedics and students to improve learning
- BRICKIT - building blocks to build any figure you want from small pieces.
- LUXO - luxury water brand
- FISHERMAN - healthy ready-to eat fish snacks available in every store
- TRAVEL BUDDY - sensors working with your phone to provide information about the world around you.
- UNIKISSA - jewelry design company utilizing wood and compelling stories.
- KALIKKA - log style indoor building designs for modern offices
- MAKE ORDER - Automated ordering application for restaurants to ease the stress of ordering drinks and food.
The teams have been coached by experts from both the University of Oulu and University of Applied Sciences. A common accelerator program for two universities is a rarity in Finland, but in Oulu the Avanto Accelerator has been brewing new companies for two years already.
Erkki Koiso-Kanttilan katu 1, 90570 Oulu, Finland