The fall in Tellus is once again full of familiar events and something new. Most events will be organized so that you can attend both on site and online. All online events can be attended at https://www.oulu.fi/virtualtellus.
The biggest events of the fall are Sustainable development week and Festival of Cultures. Sustainable development week will be organized from 5th to 9th of October and Festival of Cultures from 2nd to 6th of November. The programme for both of these events will be published later.
Brown Bag Lunch Seminars highlight multidisciplinary research every month starting on the 24th of September at 11 AM with the theme Demographic change – causes, consequences and solutions.
Storytime events will have alumni from various fields sharing their stories and best tips for life after graduation. The next events will be:
- Health Sciences on the 16th of September at 3PM
- IT and Electric Engineering on the 30th of September at 3PM
- Medical Engineering on the 14th of October at 3 PM
- Faculty of Engineering on the 28th of October at 3PM
- Biochemistry and molecular medicine on the 11th of November at 3PM
- Faculty of Humanities on the 25th of November at 3PM
Career Counselling Workshops will be held on the 12th, 17th and 26th of November at 12. In these workshops, you will learn the most useful skills in job-hunt.
Study psychologists will host three webinars in Finnish during the fall. These are:
- Itsenäisen työskentelyn tukipaketti on the 29th of September at 12:15
- Motivaatio saa liikkeelle on the 27th of October at 12:15
- Opiskeluhyvinvoinnin tukeminen 1st of December at 12:15
Pop Up Yoga Oulu will host morning yoga sessions online every Friday at 8.
For more information about the events, follow Patio and the website and social media accounts of Tellus. Have a nice fall and see you around!
Last updated: 26.8.2020