University of Oulu Graduate School announces a call for personal working grants for finalizing doctoral thesis to pre-examination. The grants are available for doctoral researchers, who have active doctoral study rights at the University of Oulu and who are at the final stage of their doctoral training. The grant is meant for full-time working for consecutive 0.5-2 months (corresponding grant will be 950-3800 euros). Working period should be during 1.4.2021-31.8.2021.
- Funding is targeted for doctoral researchers who are preparing their thesis for pre-examination and are aiming to defend their thesis in 2021.
- The final follow-up group meeting should have been completed before submitting the application.
- Grant recipients are required to be on leave from any salary work during the granted period.
- Applicant must have active doctoral study right at the University of Oulu.
- If you have been working on a four-year salary-based doctoral student position at the University of Oulu, you are not entitled for this grant.
- If you have previously received grant(s) for finalizing doctoral thesis, you are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
- Please fill in the application form in Webropol.
- Add required attachments to the application:
1. Report of the final (3rd) Follow-up Group meeting
2. Motivation letter
3. Signed letter of support from the principal supervisor (on his/hers view of the state of your project)
Submission of applications latest on 21.3.2021.
- If you have received other grants this year, you may need to apply for the MYEL insurance or extend the insurance period (see https://www.mela.fi/en/grant-and-scholarship-recipients/).
- Take also into account possible tax payment requirements (see https://www.vero.fi/en/individuals/tax-cards-and-tax-returns/income/earned-income/grants/).
- If you are an employee of the University of Oulu, please check carefully the guidelines in Patio (see https://patio.oulu.fi/fi/palvelut-ja-ohjeet/henkilosto/palkat-ja-palkkiot/apurahatutkijat).
- Grant recipients are requested to submit a report of their dissertation status after the granted period.
Application and evaluation process
The applications will be evaluated. Decisions will be made by the University of Oulu Graduate School. All applicants will be informed of the selection by e-mail.
For further information, please contact UniOGS coordinators (email@example.com):
Viimeksi päivitetty: 3.3.2021