Internal call (2) for course funding proposals for the development of doctoral training activities in Health and Biosciences
The Health and Biosciences Doctoral Programme (HBS-DP) will allocate funding to be used during the year 2020 to organize doctoral training activities within the following Doctoral Degree Programmes: Medicine, Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, Health Sciences, Dentistry, and Biology.
The proposed doctoral training activities may comprise e.g. field-specific courses, symposia, workshops or alike targeted mainly to doctoral students. Joint or methodological courses suitable for several disciplines and courses/events arranged in local, national or international cooperation are also applicable. We would especially encourage applicants to plan multidisciplinary courses co-organized together with one or more of the other University of Oulu Doctoral Programmes (see http://www.oulu.fi/uniogs/dp).
Send your proposals via this link: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/3D657FF93692E1B5
Submission is open until March 15th, 2020.
The persons responsible for the proposals will be informed of the decisions within 2-3 weeks.
Guidelines for acceptable costs
- Direct costs related to running of the training activity (consumables for practical courses, hourly rental costs and video streaming, etc.)
- Mobility costs: travel and accommodation costs for external teachers invited to Oulu
- Honoraries or lecture fees for the external teachers
- Modest hospitality costs (meals)
- Other relevant justified expenses
- Funds may not be used for the purchase of any equipment or infrastructure. No daily allowances are covered.
Some guidelines for budgeting:
- Travelling costs: Finland 200-400 eur, Europe 1000 eur, outside of Europe 1500 eur
- Accommodation / day / person; max: 100 eur in Finland
- Lecture fees/ honoraries (invited lecturers): Professors usually 125 eur/hour
All funded proposals are required to be reported to HBS-DP after the course activity is completed.
For further information concerning the call, please contact the HBS-DP coordinator Mirja Peltola (firstname.lastname (at) oulu.fi).
Last updated: 4.2.2020