Internal call for course funding proposals for the development of doctoral training activities in Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
The Information Technology and Electrical Engineering Doctoral Programme (ITEE-DP) will allocate funding to be used during the year 2021 to organize doctoral training activities within the following Doctoral Degree Programmes: Computer Science and Engineering, Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Information Processing Science.
The proposed doctoral training activities should be field-specific courses in the form of e.g. intensive courses, symposia, workshops or alike targeted to doctoral students. Joint or methodological courses suitable for several disciplines and courses/events arranged in local, national or international cooperation are also applicable. We would especially encourage applicants to plan multidisciplinary courses co-organized together with one or more of the other University of Oulu Doctoral Programmes (see http://www.oulu.fi/uniogs/dp).
Courses can also be organized 100% remotely depending on the Covid-19 situation.
Send your proposal by April 30th, 2021 via this link: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/AFDE6716CAD0C78A
The persons responsible for the proposals will be informed of the decisions as soon as possible.
Guidelines for acceptable costs
- Mobility costs: travel and accommodation costs if external teachers are invited to Oulu
- Lecture and exercise fees for the external teachers
- Modest hospitality costs (meals)
- Funds may not be used for the purchase of any equipment or infrastructure. No daily allowances are covered.
Some guidelines for budgeting:
- Travelling costs: Finland 200-400 eur, Europe max. 1000 eur, outside of Europe max. 1500 eur
- Accommodation / day / person; max 100 eur in Finland
- Lecture/exercise fees maximums for invited lecturers: Professors: 140€ lecture fee and 70€ exercise fee (45 min lecture/exercise); NOT professors: 94€ lecture fee and 47€ exercise fee (45 min lecture/exercise)
For further information concerning the call, please contact the ITEE-DP coordinator Mirjami Jutila (firstname.lastname (at) oulu.fi).
Last updated: 8.4.2021