Internal call for course funding proposals for the development of doctoral training activities in Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
The Information Technology and Electrical Engineering Doctoral Programme (ITEE-DP) will allocate funding to be used during the year 2020 to organize doctoral training activities within the following Doctoral Degree Programmes: Computer Science and Engineering, Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Information Processing Science.
The proposed doctoral training activities should be field-specific courses in the form of e.g. intensive courses, symposia, workshops or alike targeted to doctoral students. Joint or methodological courses suitable for several disciplines and courses/events arranged in local, national or international cooperation are also applicable. We would especially encourage applicants to plan multidisciplinary courses co-organized together with one or more of the other University of Oulu Doctoral Programmes (see http://www.oulu.fi/uniogs/dp).
Send your proposals via this link: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/AFDE6716CAD0C78A
Submission is open until April 1st, 2020 mainly for the autumn time courses.
The persons responsible for the proposals will be informed of the decisions as soon as possible.
Guidelines for acceptable costs
- Mobility costs: travel and accommodation costs if external teachers are invited to Oulu
- Lecture and exercise fees for the external teachers
- Modest hospitality costs (meals)
- Funds may not be used for the purchase of any equipment or infrastructure. No daily allowances are covered.
Some guidelines for budgeting:
- Travelling costs: Finland 200-400 eur, Europe max. 1000 eur, outside of Europe max. 1500 eur
- Accommodation / day / person; max 100 eur in Finland
- Lecture/exercise fees maximums for invited lecturers: Professors: 136€ lecture fee and 68€ exercise fee (45 min lecture/exercise); NOT professors: 91€ lecture fee and 48€ exercise fee (45 min lecture/exercise)
For further information concerning the call, please contact the ITEE-DP coordinator Mirjami Jutila (firstname.lastname (at) oulu.fi).
Last updated: 4.3.2020