Aims of the doctoral training
Aims of doctoral training are that the student:
- becomes well-versed in his/her own field of research and its social significance
- gains knowledge and skills needed to apply scientific research methods independently and critically and to produce new scientific knowledge within his/her field of research
- becomes conversant with the development, basic problems and research methods of his/her own field of research
- gains such knowledge of the general theory of science and of other disciplines relating to his/her own field of research as enables him/her to follow developments in them.
The aims of Oulu University Graduate School:
- To educate doctors within a period of four-years of full-time training
- The graduates have acquired the professional and social skills necessary for doctoral level positions.
- The graduates have the ability to search for, produce and apply knowledge, good team-work skills, and the ability to work internationally
The tasks of the University of Oulu Graduate School:
- Provides support and ensures equal opportunities for every student to complete the doctoral degree
- Provide general and transferable skills courses
- Monitor studies and take care of study administration
- Administrate doctoral study rights and degrees.
Departments, as well as doctoral programmes are responsible for providing field-specific studies.
Definitions according to the Goverment Degree (794/2004)
Last updated: 21.4.2020