It is time to escape from your offices and labs for few days and extend your skill set related to innovation and presentation skills in Tellus!
Impact Camp* course will start on Monday October 28, 2019. Impact camp is a four-week training for doctoral candidates from all research fields interested in developing their out-of-the-box thinking, innovation, presentation and public speaking skills . The highlight of the Impact camp is in presentation skills that are practiced through the Innovation Challenge Competition posed by the City of Oulu. The best innovation and presentation will be awarded.
This course will give you hands-on experience to public speaking with different practices and creating new innovative business ideas through brainstorming and multidisciplinary teamwork. After completing this course, you will have a complete algorithm how to prepare a public speech.
The maximum number of participants is 25, preference is given to doctoral candidates but if there are places left also post-doc researchers can join.
- What: 7 half-days of guided workshops and 5 half-days of off-site team work
- When: 28.10.- 20.11.2019 (Mondays to Wednesdays 9-12 AM, except public speaking parts 1-3 at 9-13 AM)
- Where: Tellus Innovation Arena, Linnanmaa campus, Business Kitchen, University of Oulu, except 12.11 at TH118
- Extent: 3 ECTS
- For more information about the course, please contact Coordinator Mirjami Jutila (e-mail: mirjami.jutila at oulu.fi)
- Course leaflet in this link.
Participant experiences from the Impact Camp:
”Working in a multidisciplinary team, and developing innovative skills was the highlight of the training. This broadened my thinking and laid down a foundation on how to introduce and sell my research (Doctoral candidate Velma Kimbi Yaah)”. Read the whole story here.
* * *
Organizers / sponsors
Impact Camp is organized by TinyTOT project (Integrating Industry and business co-operation to the Development of Doctoral Training) in collaboration with Tellus Innovation Arena and University of Oulu doctoral programs.
Last updated: 8.10.2019