Here you can find Graduate School's forms and instructions.
For applying doctoral study rights:
- All applications will be carried out online using the national admissions system “Opintopolku/Studyinfo”. (Applications submitted using the old pdf forms will not be considered.)
- Commitment form - Commitment of the Principal Supervisor and the Unit (pdf)
- Procedure for compensating low MSc grades
- Nominating a follow-up group -form and instructions
- Follow-up group meetings and reporting -form and instructions
Doctoral Training Plan:
- Doctoral Training Plan Instructions
Doctoral Training Plan consists of separate parts as specified in the instructions.
- Quick guide to the creation of webOodi-PSP
Approving field specific ECTS credits into a doctoral degree:
- Application form for approving field specific ECTS credits
For travel grants:
Nominating new supervisor:
- Form for proposal of new supervisor
With this form, change or addition of new supervisor can be proposed.
Instructions and forms for the end-process:
The Final Stages of the Doctoral Degree Process (pdf file).
- Acta Universitatis Ouluensis - publishing instructions
- Application for Permission to Defend a Doctoral Thesis (part A) (the applicant and the thesis manuscript)
- Application for Permission to Defend a Doctoral Thesis (part B) (proposal for the nomination of pre-examiners)
- Application for Permission to Defend a Doctoral Thesis (part C) (proposal for the nomination of opponent(s) and custos
- Pre-examiner' assessment form (in Finnish/in English)
- Opponent's assessment form (in Finnish/in English)
- Guidelines for thesis pre-examiners and opponents
- Custos's statement of extra opponents in defence
- Opiskelijan kuuleminen - Right to response
- Information to the public: instructions by the Communications Services and Online form for the description of research
Sharing costs between faculties and units
- Internal agreement for sharing doctoral degree points and related funds between Faculties and Units.
NOTE: This template agreement (optimized for Microsoft Word) is for use only by Research Unit Directors and/or Deans of the Faculties of the University of Oulu, or by persons specifically designated by them (available only in English).
- Code of conduct for the prevention and processing of misconduct in studies at University of Oulu is found here.
- Instructions for the prevention of bullying and harassment
- Roles and responsibilities of doctoral candidates and supervisors
- UFO user account for doctoral researchers who are not staff members.
European recommendations and principles for the Doctoral Training:
Last updated: 23.6.2020