In the alumni community you will always feel at home
Alumni community - your strong network
When you graduate, in addition to your diploma, you will receive an invitation to join the UniOulu Alumni Community. We connect with our alumni trough the community platform. Also alumni can stay in touch with each other and find new friends through the extensive network of members.
Graduates from the the University of Oulu with a bachelor's, master's, a licentiate, a specialist or a doctorate degree, and those who have accomplished MBA or eMBA are all our alumni. All graduates are welcome to become members of the alumni community. No matter how many decades have passed since graduation.
The members of the alumni community share the same backround trough their studies at the University of Oulu, so you will always feel at home in the community. If your old classmate is not yet a member, you can invite them. Come along as you are: as an active creator or an eager follower and supporter. By updating your study and job information reagularly, you provide us with important information about our alumni in the job market for the support of teaching, career planning and alumni activities.
- There are no joining and membership fees.
- You can search for your old classmates and easily keep in touch with them. Exchanging experiences is always worthwhile. You can even arrange a class reunion!
- You can get to know new people who share the same interests.
- You can subscribe to the University of Oulu newsletter and other communications for alumni. This way you can keep track of what’s happening at your alma mater, and what there is to offer for alumni.
By subscribing to the University of Oulu newsletter and other alumni communications you
- get information about current news at the university and your faculty, as well as invitations to seminars, conferences and other events where you can network with other experts
- stay up to date on current research at the university
- get information about continuing education opportunities to strengthen your own expertise
- will receive an invitation to open events and alumni celebrations (eg. class reunions) directly to your e-mail
- will receive information about student mentoring, visitor lecturer calls and other opportunities to provide information about working life to our current students
- can provide feedback by participating in career tracking surveys of the university and your own field.
By subscribing to communications of your own interest, we can stay in touch regularly. So keep track of your email.
How to get started
In order to join, choose "Request invitation" and fill in the application form with your personal details. Registration is a two-step process. Once your application form has been approved, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your registration and complete any additional information. Also check your spam, because sometimes the invitation might be there.
As soon as you have completed the 2nd form, log in to the community platform and check your profile settings and adjust your communication settings (e.g. what kind of communication you want to subscribe to). Add a nice picture of yourself and, if you wish, and a backround image and a headline.
Connect with other alumni. You can chat either in the public live feed or in private. You can find other alumni in the people directory. All members are your automatically your connections. The community platform works like any social media.
Share your wisdom and experience with others, come up with innovative ideas and turn these into concrete projects and collaboration. You have the support of the powerful UniOulu Alumni Community.
You create the community with us!