Coronavirus COVID-19 – current issues
We are continuously updating this page with information about the coronavirus and the University of Oulu's guidelines. For more detailed instructions for staff regarding for example arrangements of working and teaching, please refer to the intranet Patio.
The doors of the campuses are open on weekdays between 8.00 am and 3.45 pm. At other times, students and staff can access to campuses with their access cards. Responsible and careful following of hygiene instructions is required from every visitor. Safety distance of 1- 2 metres must be kept. You must not enter campuses if you have any symptoms of coronavirus infection. University of Oulu recommend that students and staff members start to use the Koronavilkku app. In this way we can work together to create a safe study and work environment.
Studying at the University of Oulu will continue, as a rule, remotely until the end of the autumn term. When necessary, teaching can be arranged on the campus, taking into account the safety and distance instructions.
Remote working is recommended when possible. It is recommended that meetings are arranged as web meetings. When working in the university premises is necessary, strict distance and hygiene instructions must be followed.
Information about opening hours of campus restaurants can be found on restaurants' homepages.
You can prevent the spread of coronavirus by your own actions
- Stay at home when ill.
- Keep a safe distance of 1-2 metres to others and greet others without touching.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If these are not available, use alcoholic hand sanitisers. Use disposable towels to dry your hands.
- Cough or sneeze into a paper handkerchief or the crook of your elbow or the upper sleeve.
- Discard used handkerchief in the trash as soon as you can and always wash your hands after blowing your nose.
- If you are in close contact with other people, wear face mask or some other shield required by the situation.
What to do if you suspect a coronavirus infection
According to the COVID-19 sampling criteria (Finnish institute for health and welfare), the goal is to test everyone suspected of having a coronavirus infection.
If you suspect coronavirus infection, you can seek a doctor for the diagnosis and for the evaluation of the need for sampling. Do not take ill children to daycare or grandparents. This protects the elderly and other particularly susceptible to coronavirus.
Contact the hospital by telephone to prevent the disease from spreading to others. The health guidance helpline for the Oulu region is 08 315 2655.
For occupational healthcare related information, see intranet Patio.
Coronavirus information (City of Oulu)
News from Finland in English (Yle News)
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personnel: email@example.com
- Media: Communications director Marja Jokinen, firstname.lastname@example.org