Ready to join us in autumn 2022?
Product and Project Management
Product and Project Management, Master’s Programme in Industrial Engineering and Management, Master of Science (Technology) (2 y)
- The only master’s programme in Nordic Countries focusing on Product Management
- Multi-disciplinary degree that combines technical knowledge, business knowledge, and understanding of human behaviour
- Close collaboration with the industry and business
In the degree programme the students will learn to explore complex phenomena and to solve problems from a human-centred technical and business standpoint. The programme focuses on the development and management of products and services throughout their lifecycles and the related social responsibility, sustainable development and digitalisation.
The programme is designed to provide the student with the ability to:
- analyse, design, and develop different technologies, products, and services
- manage technologies, product lifecycle and product development processes
- understand product management and product portfolio management principles, goals, processes, information systems
- master the phases of productisation including requirement management, design, delivery, maintenance, and removal
The programme can be complemented with courses related to operations and supply network management, organisation and knowledge management, project management, and studies in other engineering disciples.
The programme involves close collaboration with industry and business. Lectures include practical cases that improve the learning experience, and guests from various organisations often give visiting lectures. Students begin to build their networks in the business world as their assignments are typically connected to practical industrial problems and challenges. This way, the students gain first-hand industry experience.
The enrolling students join a diverse and multicultural study environment and many exchange and international degree programme students participate in the courses. In addition, exchange studies abroad are recommended for the students. A lot of cooperation exists with other universities in Europe, Asia and North America.
Graduates typically work in product development and management positions in companies or other organisations. The graduates will have expertise in new product development, rapid development and productisation. They will be competent in different areas of product portfolio management such as strategic fit, value maximisation and balancing, and they can use their knowledge when solving challenging problems in various, especially technology-intensive, industries.
Possible job titles include:
- product manager
- product data manager
- product development engineer
- product portfolio manager