Interested in Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship at the University of Oulu?
If you are an experienced researcher and would like to do research abroad – at one of the northernmost universities in the world – University of Oulu can be the place for you. The multidisciplinary university located in the north of Finland has ten faculties which range from humanities and medicine to business, science and technology. The structure of the University and its wide collaboration network allows it to build multidisciplinary projects, conduct high level research and contribute to solving global challenges in the following five focus areas:
- Creating sustainability through materials and systems
- Molecular and environmental basis for lifelong health
- Digital solutions in sensing and interactions
- Earth and near-space system and environmental change
- Understanding humans in change
Are you our candidate?
The following research groups at the University of Oulu are currently looking for applicants for the MSCA Individual Fellowship call 2019. Read more about the groups and their research topics below:
Faculty of Education
- Learning and Educational Technology Research Unit (LET)
- Theory and Philosophy of Education Research Group (TheorEd)
Faculty of Technology
Kerttu Saalasti Institute
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
- 2-Oxoglutarate-Dependent Enzymes as Novel Therapeutic Targets in Diseases Research Group
- Pihlajaniemi-Heljasvaara-Izzi Research Group
Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
Faculty of Science
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Research Unit
- Atmospheric Research Group (ATMOS)
- Space Climate Research Unit
Kajaani University Consortium
- Unit of Measurement Technology: processing and analytics of arctic bio-active plant compounds
- Unit of Measurement Technology: Sensors and on-line measurements
1. If you are interested, we ask you to contact the contact person of the respective group and send him/her your CV and a cover letter describing your interest and project idea briefly by 6 May 2019.
2. We will contact the suitable candidates and support you in developing the proposal as it is important it is done jointly with the host organisation.
3. You submit the proposal by the MSCA IF 2019 call deadline 11.9.2019. Then we wait for the results and hope to have the opportunity to host you at the University of Oulu.
Who can apply for MSCA IF?
MSCA Individual Fellowships funds researchers looking to enhance their career development by working abroad. It provides grants for experienced researchers to support their mobility, research project and training both within and outside of Europe. The scheme:
- Covers all research areas
- Is aimed at researchers with a doctoral degree or at least four years’ full-time research experience by the time of the call deadline 11.9.2019
- More information: MSCA IF