Duration of the application support process
Support for the application must be applied for at least one month before the application period of the target university ends. The support decision will be made within three weeks. All support decisions – also those in continuous application processes – are processed only twice per year, in accordance with the application periods ending on 30 April and 31 October.
Support by the home university must be applied for using the JOO study right application form. The student must apply for the support statement at least one month before the application period at the target university ends. All support decisions – also those in continuous application processes – are processed only twice per year, in accordance with the application periods ending on 30 April and 31 October. The expediency of each support decision will be considered separately, and the student cannot receive the decision while waiting.
Criteria for the support statement and preparing a study plan
- The supported studies must be studies in the student’s major subject or minor subject that complement the student’s major, and are not available at the University of Oulu.
- The expediency of the applied studies will be estimated, the applications are processed case by case, and the study right will be granted within limits allowed by resources.
- The studies must be included either in the Bachelor of Science degree (180 credits) or Master of Philosophy degree (120 credits). Possible missing language and communication studies will be added to these studies, and if further studies can still be accommodated, the study right may be granted within the limits allowed by resources.
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of 90 credits, of which half must be in the major subject.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 30 credits completed in the past year.
- The studies applied for should rather form a whole component instead of individual courses.
- The Faculty may support only one whole at one time, even if the student had applied for several. In terms of individual study units, their expediency will be evaluated separately.
Preparing a study plan
The student must present a personal study plan (HOPS) that has been approved, or an equivalent structure of studies.
Length of the supported study right
Until completing the degree or two years at most. The student must enroll as present every year.
Delivery address for the support application
Lead Specialist, Academic Affairs
Visiting address: Opintokatu, KE1020
Postal address: Academic Affairs, P.O.Box 8100, 90014 University of Oulu
P.O. Box 3000
FI-90014 University of Oulu, FINLAND
Delivering the supported application to the target university
After a successful support process, the student shall send their application to the target university in order for the study right to be processed during the application period determined by the target university.
Registering completed credit at the home university
The student is responsible for delivering the information on completed JOO credits to the student registry of the home university.
Contact information for counsellors and personnel processing the applications
Lead Specialist, Academic Affairs Katri Suorsa
Tel: +358 0294 48 1711
E-mail address: email@example.com
Last updated: 18.3.2019